To find the best dog food for yeast infections is not so simple. You have to know everything about the problem and understand which remedy is the most effective in your specific case. A yeast infection usually comes unexpectedly. Your dog’s behavior may change in a day, and you notice pain, itching, and a bad smell from your pet. Infection may be sparked by something totally irrelevant and unnoticeable, like pollen or dust. You start wondering what to feed when a dog has a yeast infection.
This is why I decided to describe here the most preferable and trusted by millions of pet owners anti yeast dog food. I hope my reviews will be helpful for you and detailed. Before we start, let’s figure out what the yeast infection is and what the signs are. Not many dog owners know how to determine the infection and whether they need to do something about it.
What Are the Signs of Yeast Infections in Dogs
Malassezia dermatitis, or as we know it, yeast infection, is an infection of a dog’s skin, brought by Malassezia bacteria. When this bacterium gets on the dog’s skin and spreads there, your pet begins to itch, feel skin pain, and suffer from the disease. It may all start with yeast allergies, left totally unnoticed, and turn into an infection. Pay attention to the following symptoms.
Main signs of infection:
- Your dog is itching;
- Skin is swelling and red;
- The bad aroma from the skin;
- Brown, yellow, or bloody discharge;
- Loss of hair, hearing, or balance;
- Around the ears, the skin is flaky and crusty;
- New ear infections may appear.
5 Best Dog Foods for Yeast Infections Reviewed
Check out this yeast infection dog food to help your dog live a healthy life. I gathered here only those products I’ve checked on my own dogs. Pay attention to the ingredients and list of pros and cons.back to menu ↑
1. Hill’s Science Diet Dry Dog Food – The Best Dry Dog Food for Yeast Infections
You may order 4 lb, 15 lb, and 30 lb packages. I recommend buying a 30 lb pack for your dog. Vitamin E and Omega-6 components will nourish your pet’s skin, while all-natural prebiotic fiber heals the dog’s stomach and form a healthy microbiome inside. It was created as highly digestible and nutrient-rich. It helps to support the health of the dog’s heart. Besides, ingredients like chicken, peas, apples, rice, and cranberries provide a delicious taste to the food.
- Dimensions: 19.75 x 16 x 5.75 inches;
- Weight: 30 pounds;
- Ingredients: minerals, meat, wheat, protein;
- Does not contain any artificial flavors or colors;
- Instructions: For each 5 pounds weight of the body, give ½ to the 5/8 cup of food a day.
Hill’s is a US-based company, known for the high quality of its products, trusted by veterinarians across the country. They develop a fully adjustable diet for your dog, depending on their health. This pack is filled with E vitamin, fiber, and natural flavors.
It is a part of the Science Diet to prevent yeast and other problems, including heart disease. To notice the positive effect, you have to feed your dog with a proper amount of food per day. Calculate its diet based on the weight.
- Savvy pack;
- Filled with natural ingredients;
- Healthy vitamins and minerals;
- US-based company;
- Veterinarian approved.
- More expensive than similar products on the market.
2. Canidae Under the Sun Grain-Free Dry Dog Food – The Natural Balance Dog Food for Yeast Cure
This food suits well for both young puppies and senior dogs. You may also choose the favorite flavor of your pet: lamb, chicken, whitefish. There are multiple options for the package weight, from 4 pounds to 40 lb. I usually order 23.5 pounds, which is the medium size, the pack with one flavor, and then I order another flavor, so my pet does not feel bored with only one taste of food. I love this product for its 100 percent natural ingredients and matching the description. If it is whitefish, you will not find there red meat or chicken or potatoes.
- Flavors: whitefish, lamb, chicken;
- Extra components: vitamins and minerals from fruits and veggies;
- Weight: 4 lb, 12 lb, 23.5 lb, 25 lb, and 40 lb;
- Recipe: for adults, use 3-12 lb 3/8 – 1 1/8 cups.
Canidae is one of the best-selling companies that provide only natural food for your pets. They offer wheat, soy, and corn-free dry nourishment. In the pack, you find proteins that your animal requires, fruits and vegetables gathered from American soil. No matter what flavor you choose, you can count on the antioxidants, probiotics, fatty acids omega 6 and 3 for the health of your dog and its skin.
- Versatile natural flavors;
- Different pack sizes;
- Natural fruits and veggies;
- No potatoes or grain in whitefish pack;
- Affordable price.
- The collection of flavor is limited compared to the other offers.
3. Ps for Dogs Hypoallergenic Dog Food – The Yeast Free Dog Food as Natural Cure
This food is made of natural organic ingredients, which your dog appreciates. There are no allergens like bread, potato, corn inside. This product prevents allergies and yeast. A proper meal reduces redness and itching of the skin. Your dog will love the lamb meat from New Zealand. Apart from yeast, it helps to get rid of any skin problems. It is grain-free, so even the pickiest dog will eat it. The formula includes a high level of protein. It is air-dried.
- Weight: 2 pounds;
- Dimensions: 13 inches x 9 inches x 3 inches;
- Ingredients: meat of New Zealand lambs, vitamins, minerals;
- Extra feature: the food is hypoallergenic.
Ps is a small manufacturer from the US, run by a family. They produce food, treats, supplements for dogs. Developers offer a total refund in case your dog does not like the food.
The pack weighs 2 pounds and is great for small breeds. If you plan to make this food a daily treat for the dog, you have to order several packs in advance. Every pack is filled with minerals and vitamins. Since the pack is small, you may want to use it as a snack for your dog, not a daily food. However, it is up to you.
- Does not contain allergens;
- Fits perfectly to any age;
- Best meat of New Zealand lambs;
- Total money refund;
- Reduces redness of the skin and itching.
- It costs more than an ordinary package of dog food.
4. The Honest Kitchen Dehydrated Grain Free Dog Food – The Dog Food for Yeast Problems Removal
There is a detailed menu that comes with the pack. Check out to calculate the perfect diet for your dog. To find out the proper portion, you need to know the dog’s weight and level of its usual activity. You may pick among the next flavors: seafood, turkey, chicken, and beef.
The smallest pack is 1.75 oz, the biggest is 10 lb. Since it is a daily meal, I recommend you to buy 10 lb. It is totally free of grain, which may cause allergies and provoke itching and skin reddening. One pack has a high level of proteins, a low number of calories, and fats. So, I recommend not only as no yeast dog food but also a great diet.
- Flavors: turkey, beef, chicken, seafood;
- Weight: from 1.75 oz to 10 lb;
- Extra feature: free of allergens;
- Recipe: Check the dosage on the pack, add water to the dry food.
- Answers FDA standards of safety.
Honest Kitchen is a US-based company that meets FDA safety rules and offers a “human-grade” label on the pack. Since the food is dry, you receive many more supplies in the end. For example, the 10 lb pack mixed with water equals somewhere near 40lb. The food is made inside the human food department. The company has produced human-grade food since 2002. They use the same products that can be found in our food.
- Savvy offer;
- Natural ingredients;
- Versatile flavors;
- Great for dogs’ skin;
- US-based company.
- It costs slightly more than other packages of dog food.
5. Instinct Original Grain Free Dog Food – The Natural Dog Food for Yeasty Dogs
This product contains 70 percent of real animal meat and 30 percent of fruits, vegetables, and hypoallergenic nutritious ingredients. There are several exquisite flavors to choose from beef, duck, chicken, salmon, and rabbit. You may also decide whether you want 4 lb, 11 lb, 20 lb, or 22.5 lb bag. Since it will be a daily ratio of your dog, I suggest you buy the biggest one. There is no soy or wheat in the pack. This product is hypoallergenic, which reduces the chances of getting a yeast infection.
- Flavors: chicken, salmon, duck, beef, rabbit;
- Weight: 4 lb, 11 lb, 20 lb, 22.5 lb;
- Ingredients: 70 percent meat, 30 percent veggies, and fruits;
- No allergens.
Instinct is a well-known producer from the USA. They offer high protein food for your pets without any chemical flavors. This food helps with the healthy digestion of your dog.
The meat is raw and not cooked, so all the nutrients the dog has to receive in the food it receives from this dried meal.
- High-quality ingredients;
- US-based manufacturer;
- No allergens;
- Raw frozen meat;
- Grain and potato free.
- Less affordable than simple dog food.
Vital Questions on Yeast Infection
I hope you find my anti-yeast diet for dog’s products review helpful. The list contains only prime food. However, if you are unaware of the infection and how to cure it with a healthy diet, you may require more information. Make sure you are familiar with it before you order dry food.back to menu ↑
Importance of anti-yeast diet
The diet is extremely important for a dog’s health, especially if you want to prevent yeast infection. It must be healthy. Normally the yeast bacterium is already on the dog’s skin. However, healthy animals can easily fight back the possible spread of the infection. Despite the fact that dogs do not die from this infection, it may cause numerous troubles and discomfort for pets and their owners. So, you have to take care of the immune system of your dog in the first place.
To prevent Canine Malassezia dermatitis, follow the next tips:
- Offer your pet a raw diet. You can add only slightly steamed veggies;
- Keep up with the diet recommended on the pack of food you picked. The dehydrated formula may work miracles;
- Limited ingredients for whole food. Make sure that there is a label on the dry food.
What to look for in dog food for yeast infections
I have described the most helpful ingredients in the list of products above. They all are made to improve a dog’s health. To help your dog avoid the fungal infection, you can:
- Remove any sugar from its food. Only natural ingredients, including particles of fruits in the menu;
- No carbohydrates. It means no wheat, corn, potatoes, honey, corn syrup with a high level of fructose;
- Grain-free food from natural ingredients;
- Lots of vitamins and minerals to increase the immune system of your dog.
Worst Food for Dogs with Yeast Infections
There are many reasons why your dog may have a yeast infection. The most popular is the low immune system and allergic reaction. The worst products to feed your dog with:
- Sugar. No candies, pies, or any sweets that you like so dearly. Dogs do not like them as much as you but can quickly get addicted;
- All the products with a high level of carbs. Potatoes and corn can even cause allergies.
The Best Food to Cure Yeast
You may find it hard to believe how important a proper diet for your dog is. And yet, it is true. You may prevent numerous diseases, including the spread of yeast infection, by watching what your pet eats. And even if your animal already suffers from the yeast, you may still help it to get well. Besides keeping the dog’s paws clean, using the medication, and cleaning the ears, you have to remove all unhealthy products and change it for anti-yeast dry food.
I have gathered 5 top choices, in my opinion. I chose them based on my personal experience. I recommend you to try all of them for your dog. This is the best way to still follow the diet, find the most delicious treat for the pet, and extend your options. If you have bought any of these products before, share your opinion about them in the comments below. Did your dog like them? Were they helpful?